Passionate about community service and volunteerism? Enjoy working with children and families? Comfortable facilitating group activities? Interested in learning and sharing more about local nonprofits? Generation SERVE is looking for Activity Leads to facilitate volunteer opportunities for children and their families.
Generation SERVE Activity Leads are key to our family volunteering program. Activity Leads create a fun and engaging volunteer experience, while representing Generation SERVE and completing projects for our nonprofit partners.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and facilitate Generation SERVE group activities (training provided)
- Effectively communicate activity tasks and instructions to a diverse audience
- Facilitate short discussions about volunteerism and the issue areas the projects are addressing
- Perform pre- and post-activity tasks that may include manual labor
- Professionally represent Generation SERVE and its branded family volunteering experience
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with both children and adults
- Comfortable assuming a leadership role with both small and large groups of families
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
- Attend the mandatory activity lead trainings (held approximately 4x/year)
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time
- Ability to lift activity materials up to 50 lbs
- Must have access to car/vehicle or reliable transportation
- Consent to and successfully pass a background check
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- Minimum commitment of two (2) activities a month. You can choose your activities from our calendar each month.
- Activities are available almost every day of the week but our primary needs are after school hours, evenings, and weekends
- Average activity runs 1.5 - 2.5 hours depending on volunteer activity and set up/tear down time required
- 1099 Contractor Position paying per activity
Interested candidates should complete this online application. We will follow up with each candidate after reviewing the submitted applications.
Learn about our Austin-based job opportunities here!